Personalized nutrition consultations
- Karyn offers one-on-one online nutrition consultations via Zoom’s HIPAA compliant Telehealth platform so she can ‘meet’ you wherever is most convenient for you.
- Karyn provides a 15 minute complimentary informational session for any client who is new to her private practice. So, even if you met Karyn before at One Medical, please start by booking one of these sessions.
These complimentary sessions facilitate the following:
– further inquiry about Karyn’s areas of expertise
– an opportunity to see how easy it is to connect via Zoom
– brief review of your goals and next steps for booking an appointment
- ‘Book now’ links to Karyn’s calendar which details appointment options and packages available etc.
- Karyn has extensive experience in this field; she has hosted multiple nutrition related talks at many San Francisco Bay Area companies including: Adobe, AirBnB, Box, Levis and Palantir, Reflecktive. It is a great benefit to companies involved; empowering employees to make optimal choices can have life-changing effects on frame of mind as well as physical health.
- For more details please contact Karyn directly email@example.com | 415.505.4423
Karyn will ask you about your goals, and reasons for making the appointment. She’ll review your medical history, including blood work, and any medications/supplements you’re currently taking. Then she’ll inquire about your lifestyle to get a sense of your stress levels, sleep patterns, energy levels, exercise, and gastrointestinal function. You’ll also discuss what an average day looks like in terms of your food choices.
Before the end of your appointment Karyn will provide preliminary feedback, and within 24-hours you will receive a follow-up e-mail detailing recommended next steps. Karyn will recommend re-connecting again within ~2 weeks to facilitate discussion about your progress.
The second session includes review of more specific recommendations to your own circumstances and health status, and you’ll walk away with more tools with which to optimize your dietary and lifestyle choices.
Everyone has different needs; for some accountability is a big factor, for others its more about facilitating behavior change or just being informed of the recommendations for a specific condition. After review of your case Karyn will be able to advise further regarding the estimated number of appointments required.
No, Karyn does not accept insurance.
Many of Karyn’s patients use their Flexible Saving/Health Saving Accounts to pay for their visits. Nutrition counseling can be a very cost-effective investment in your long-term health. If better nutrition enables you to lower your blood pressure or cholesterol, or get your weight in check, it can potentially save you thousands of dollars in medications and other care down the road. Note, the CPT code for nutrition counseling is 99402.
If you’ve never used VSee or Zoom platforms for video calls before, then please take a few minutes in advance of your appointment time to set it up…it shouldn’t take more than 1-2 minutes.